At KOPENS you will find a team of experts able to tackle any aspect of the Java technology and accomplish the most complex web projects.
What we do
We deliver highly productive, scalable and attractive Java-based solutions for Fortune 500 companies as well as for a great number of ISVs and internet businesses. Our Java development services include:
- Technology consulting
- Business analysis, software architecture design and prototyping
- Application security consulting
- Development from scratch
- Improvements and refactoring of existing software
- Systems integration
- Migration to Java and web-enabling legacy applications
- Deployment and configuration
- Ongoing support and maintenance
Java R&D Center
The overall application quality is always in a great dependence from architecture design and developer’s maturity and professionalism. That is why we pay such a great attention to trainings, self-improvement and maintaining a proprietary Java R&D center aiming to utilize best Java practice in the most efficient way.
The KOPENS Java R&D center constantly researches, monitors, and implements to the development process new proven Java libraries, tools and frameworks together with the best development practices so that our customers are assured in utilizing and benefiting from the most innovative technologies.
Profound Java skills for each software layer
KOPENS has in-depth knowledge and experience in programming persistence layer and designing databases for web applications including apps that may require very intensive data & content processing.
The KOPENS team is mature in utilizing both Java native capabilities (JPA, JPQL, JDBC, JCA, custom ORM programming) and open-source persistence frameworks (Hibernate, iBATIS, EclipseLink and others). KOPENS develops well-organized storages, transparent and reusable data processing modules leading to higher characteristics of the whole application:
- Productive and stable performance achieved through smart database architecture, SQL transactions optimization and seamless connection to application logic and workflows.
- Transparent object-relational mapping reducing development efforts, cutting application maintenance costs and enabling fast and easy modifications in the future.
- Increased interoperability achieved through service-oriented architectural approach and great experience in custom APIs and data connectors development basing on strong skills in SOAP, WSDL, UDDI, XML / XML Schema and HTTP specifications.
We believe functionality development is much more than software architecting and coding. With business-driven development concept in mind KOPENS applies best Java development practices and methodology for describing, prototyping and developing application business layer.
- We use BOM, UML and BPMN to formalize business process, help manage requirements and issue project-related documentation.
- We apply most effective architectural approaches such as layered application stack with decoupled business logic layer. We are closely familiar with Service-Oriented Architecture in line with SOA integration principles and JBI specifications.
- We always use proven Java design patterns, produce clean and well-documented code and ensure painless knowledge transfer.
Consequently striving for application quality we state the same principles of building web applications at each level, eliminating every single bottleneck:
- Performance and Scalability. When designing business process execution functionality, we care about application performance and closely related vertical and horizontal scalability. We exploit Java out-of-the-box multi-threading and extensibility capabilities, use reputable technologies such as Tomcat, GlassFish, JBoss, WebLogic and new technologies like Terracotta, Jgroups and Ehcache offering advanced caching and replication patterns.
- Maintainability and Manageability. Aiming to reduce software TCO in long-term perspective KOPENS supplies customers with the highly maintainable modular solutions. We work in line with Java development standards — Sun Java Naming Conventions, Java EE Design Blueprints, IBM Java Beans Coding Guidelines, Design and Architectural Patterns —decoupling complex objects, providing well established APIs, comprehensible documentation and clean commented code with consistent indentation style.
- Configurability. It is obvious that lots of tasks in regards to the application functioning and adaptation to different environments (both in technology and business perspectives) save costs when performed through changing configuration, not amending the source code. Therefore, KOPENS avoids hardcoding and provide flexible configuration options, interfaces and tools.
The KOPENS UI design & Usability practice provides a foundation for executing projects requiring complex yet easy to use web interfaces to support sophisticated business processes and workflows.
Our skills and experience in JSP and FreeMarker, related frameworks and open-source components allow to resolve challenging tasks of dynamic data visualization (interactive dashboards, charts, grids, content blocks etc.) and context-driven controls, and establish clear, convenient and cross-browser compatible layouts.
Our solid AJAX expertise (as well as experience in Flash and HTML5) helps extend web interface interactivity and make it fast, consistent and enjoyable which is especially important for SaaS solutions and other Rich Internet Applications.
The KOPENS Java Skills Tree
Java Development Domain Expertise
Enterprise Web Applications
The line of business web application development is one of the KOPENS Java Team’s core competences. We have successfully delivered Java-based solutions for businesses of various sizes, including Fortune 500 companies.
Our portfolio counts more than 20 big projects for enterprise resource planning and business process automation in the following areas:
Rich Internet Applications
Another KOPENS’s competence center is internet-focused application development including web content management, digital assets management and media distribution. We have a profound experience in building highly loaded distributed systems in the following domains:
- Web 2.0 and Social networking solutions
- Ads rotating networks
- Online media streaming solutions
- Online digital repositories and storage management systems
- Corporate Internet portals, often integrated with internal content storages and systems
Read more about E-commerce, Web CMS, Social Networkingand Media distribution development at KOPENS.
Online games and Entertainment
During the last 3 years we successfully delivered a number of browser gaming projects, including well-known ones, based on Java technology stack. We offer our experience in building rich front-end interactivity (which is for sure vital for user online experience) combined with powerful user management, accounting, payment processing and advertisement subsystems:
- Casual games
KOPENS offers mobile web development and native mobile application development for Java supported devices.
- Mobile clients
- Mobile games